Our Mission Statement
It is our mission at Litchfield Hills Adult Day Center to treat our members with respect and dignity. We will provide them with the highest quality of care. Members of Litchfield Hills ADC will feel as safe and comfortable at our social-model center as they would in their own homes. It is our pleasure to provide activities and entertainment that are structured to fit each individual’s abilities.
Litchfield Hills Adult Day Center opened in 2014. The center provides an affordable alternative to other health care options, and transportation to & from the center is available.
The quality of Connecticut adult day centers is assured through a peer review process administered by the Connecticut Association of Adult Day Centers. This process is recognized by the Connecticut Department of Social Services and it verifies compliance with the Connecticut Peer Review Standards. LHADC is proud to be a member of the Connecticut Association of Adult Day Centers.
CAADS – CT Association of Adult Day Services
Board of Litchfield Social Services
Northwest Community Chamber of Commerce
(LABA) Litchfield Area Business Association
Due to limited member enrollment, we are able to give personalized care and attention to better meet our member’s needs.
- an activity room for arts crafts and games
- a library for some quiet time such as reading, movie watching or a quick nap
- the kitchen is where Lindsay works her magic preparing yummy home-cooked meals
- the dining room is used for socializing as well as for enjoying Lindsay’s meals
- a wellness room
- two rest rooms
- and finally – the bosses’ office completes your tour!
Why Choose Adult Care?
Day care not only benefits the member but also the caregivers in many ways, including the following:
- it provides a safe environment for the member
- members receive a hot balanced meal
- it helps decrease depression
- members engage in social interaction with other adults
- caregivers are able to work
- it provides a respite for caregivers
- it is cost-effective
There are many benefits of adult day care.
Adult day care promotes socialization and cognitive function. It preserves independence, creates a routine, and improves a senior’s health and quality of life. Sharing time with others prevents boredom and depression. Having meals provided for them ensures that seniors receive the healthy nutrition they need.
Adult day care avoids having to make the difficult decision to move an elderly relative or friend to a costly full time facility.
Not only does adult day care benefit the participant – it also benefits the caregiver. Caregivers will have peace of mind knowing their loved one is being well cared-for in their absence. They get that well-deserved break from the daily struggles of managing their own responsibilities.